Will you find yourself on a trail on June 6th for National Trails Day? We hope so and we aim to make that easy to do. On the final day of the Georgia trail summit we offer 8 workshops, on the trail.
These trail activities are free and part of the American Hiking Society’s National Trails Day events across America.
Some are set up as teaching workshops to finish out the education component of our trail summit, but you can attend and tag along and learn things or just enjoy the trail.
Here’s the lineup and they all start at 930 Saturday June 6 departing from the Graduate hotel in Athens.
- Biking the Oconee River Greenway
- Paddling the Broad River
- Walking tour of North Campus in downtown Athens
- Hiking the Orange Trail at the Botanic Gardens
- Mountain biking Trail Creek
- Study trail drainage solutions at the Botanic Gardens
- Learn fitness trail programming in the Oconee Forest Park