It’s all coming together to Bring it Home to Carrollton! 35 trail RFPs were received and our team is reviewing and scoring them now. Topics cover transportation, public health, design, tourism, programming, trail funding and more. One highlight will be a collaborative panel with trial experts from three neighboring states – Tennessee, Alabama and Florida. It’s all made possible by sponsors continuing to join the Summit led by our presenting sponsor Tanner Health System.
We plan to announce the program in February but for now, know that sessions will be held in the beautiful Carrollton Cultural Arts Center with evening networking parties at a restaurant on the downtown square and on the Marriott patio and lawn.
Eight mobile workshops on the trail are in the works and the University of West Georgia will provide free shuttle service:
- 01A-Walk On & Learn the GreenBelt Background – Thursday
- 01B-Walk On & Learn the GreenBelt Background – Friday
- 02-Paddle the Dub Denman Water Trail & Learn What’s in your Community
- 03-Bike the GreenBelt: Trails & Complete Streets, Connecting the Dots
- 04-Hike w/a Naturalist at Chattahoochee Bend State Park
- 05-Mountain bike Coldwater Trail in Anniston w/SORBA
- 06-Build a Trail at Little Tallapoosa River Park
- 07-Play disc golf adjacent to GreenBelt w/designer
- 08-Native plant restoration at Buffalo Creek Nature Trail
We look forward to seeing you in Carrollton April 14, 15 and 16.