According to our friends at Rails to Trails Conservancy, 04/16/16 is opening day for trails. And they encourage us all to hold on-trail events to kick off the season. So that’s what we will do! Here are our options.
At the Georgia Trail Summit, 8 on-trail workshops are included in your registration fee; bring your own gloves, boots, bikes and water bottles*
- 06-Build a Trail at Little Tallapoosa River Park – Thursday 2-5pm
- 01A-Walk On & Learn the GreenBelt Background – Thursday 5-6pm
- 01B-Walk On & Learn the GreenBelt Background – Friday 5-6pm
- 02-Paddle the Dub Denman Water Trail & Learn What’s in your Community
- 03-Bike the GreenBelt: Trails & Complete Streets, Connecting the Dots
- 04-Hike w/a Naturalist at Chattahoochee Bend State Park
- 05-Mountain bike Coldwater Trail in Anniston w/SORBA
- 07-Play disc golf adjacent to GreenBelt w/course designer
- 08-Native plant restoration at Buffalo Creek Nature Trail
We look forward to seeing you in Carrollton April 14, 15 and 16.
*20 hybrid bikes will be available for use and reservable onsite compliments of Perpetual Motion Bicycles; and ample kayak/canoes will be provided compliments of Lazy River Rentals of West Georgia