Looking for trail time at the Summit?
We’ve got you covered. Each day we offer classroom time AND options to walk, paddle, bike, run, ride, mountain bike, or raft your way through the trails of Columbus. See map here.
$100 for intriguing speaker sessions and trail time, plus two riverside parties! All locations are walkable if you stay next door at the Marriott for $109. See trail-time workshop list below and select your options when you register in Eventbrite.
Thursday April 20
- Raft the Hooch with Whitewater Express – 10:00 am
- Walk history of the Riverwalk en route to Chattahoochee River Club deck – 5:00 pm
Friday April 21
- Trail run with Big Dog Running – 6:30 am
- Bike Connections: Riverwalk>Dragonfly>Fall Line Trace – 2:30 pm
- Walk history of the Riverwalk en route to Eagle & Phenix river deck – 5:00 pm
Saturday April 22
All Saturday workshops are at 9:30 am, please choose one:
- Bike Callaway Gardens Discovery Trail
- Stroll our Tree Canopy of Trees Columbus
- Paddle the Hooch from CSU’s Oxbow Nature Center
- Mountain bike Flat Rock Trail
- Equestrian trail ride at FDR Park
- Walk the MLK Heritage Trail
- Geocache along the Riverwalk
- Bike the Riverwalk>Dragonfly>Fall Line Trace
Big News! We have now completed flagging for 11.86 miles of multi-use trails at Talking Rock Nature Preserve. STPAL’s cost to do this was about $1,000 per mile.
We are working with Pickens County to get their approval to build the first 5-6 miles of trails! STPAL has funds allocated for that and can’t wait to get it going.
Something good is happening in Pickens County Georgia!
Follow the progress with our director, Bill Jones, on the Talking Rock facebook page and give it a LIKE while you are there.
If you’ve missed the news entirely and are wondering who is building trails, GTS has a new parent organization as of October 2016. Southeastern Trust for Parks and Land brought us on board to help the summit thrive and explore the synergies in our missions. We connect the trail community of Georgia and they conserve land and make it accessible to the public by building parks with trails. A winning partnership!
Looking to get familiar with Uptown Columbus before you arrive? We’ve mapped out all the venues we are using and the workshop locations. Everything is bike/walk/paddle friendly from the hotel…except 1 or 2 Saturday workshops that are just out of town on the way home.
Browse the map and get ready to soak up the trails of Columbus, Georgia!